Saturday, September 26, 2009

An Interview With Robert Carlyle From Stargate Universe

We are just a few days aware from the premier of Stargate Universe on October 2.  Here is an interview I found with Robert Carlyle.Robert Carlyle ('Stargate Universe')

 

By Dan French, TV Reporter

Robert Carlyle ('Stargate Universe')

The Stargate franchise suffered a double blow in recent years, with both SG-1 and spinoff Atlantis meeting their (arguably premature) ends. But now fans have something new to look forward to: a brand new spinoff, Stargate Universe! The latest installment follows the adventures of a present-day team, stranded in a far corner of the universe on board the Ancient spaceship Destiny. Leading the cast is Trainspotting's Robert Carlyle, who plays the brilliant-but-twisted scientist Dr. Nicholas Rush. We hooked up with Robert to explore Stargate Universe.


Were you a fan of the original Stargates?
"To be honest, no - I haven't really seen much of it. But it's funny, after I'd agreed to do the show and I got sent all the DVDs - two hundred f**king hours of SG-1 and all the rest of it! - I was surprised how much of it I had actually seen. I'd probably seen about twenty episodes of SG-1 over the years and I didn't see anything at all of Stargate Atlantis but that didn't seem to matter. This is a whole new deal, so I didn't have to sit and watch the whole back catalogue - that would have been a bridge too far!"  Read More…

No comments:

Post a Comment