Thursday, September 10, 2009

Amanda Tapping On SGU: Stargate Universe

According to a post on SpoilerTV Amanda Tapping will be making an appearance in the premier of SGU: Stargate Universe which debuts on October 2 at 9:00pm on the Syfy channel.

Amanda Tapping says that a new Stargate SG-1 movie could begin production later this year, as soon as the first season of SGU wraps.  "As far as I know, we may start in late fall or early winter this year," Tapping said in an exclusive interview. "And I will slip back into Sam Carter very nicely; I'm looking forward to it."

I am excited to see Samantha Carter appear in SGU but I hope they do a better job writing for her character than they did in Stargate Atlantis.  The few appearances that she had in the Atlantis series did not portray her as the confident take charge woman that she was in SG-1.  She was randomly assertive and quite often deferred to Dr. McKay for decisions she was quite capable of making.  Well that’s just my two cents.  What say you?

What did you think of Samantha Carter in Stargate Atlantis?

2 comments:

  1. "According to a post on SpoilerTV Amanda Tapping will be making an appearance in the premier of SGU"

    congrat :-) watch the 5min scene from the pilot on youtube, she appears at the end on the bridge of the spaceship :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I muѕt thank you fог the efforts you hаvе put in ρenning this blog.

    I гeally hope to vieω the same high-graԁe blog posts bу
    you latеr on аѕ well. In fаct, your creative writing abilities hаѕ insρirеd me to get
    my veгy own blog noω ;)

    Look at my blοg - ephedra extract side effects

    ReplyDelete